Trying a little something new here. Here’s my January Retrospective
- New blog, new domain name and (counting this post) five blog posts in January.
- Completed full-month streaks on GitHub and StackOverflow (my Seinfeld productivity tracker tools).
- Submitted proposals to RailsConf on time! (woot!!).
- Completed a big project for a client that snagged the CIOs attention.
- Applied for the Launch School scholarship and to be a volunteer at WWC Connect 2016
- Not accepted as a PT apprentice at CodeNewbies.
- Rolling off my current client, which means I will stop working with a team I really like.
- Still haven’t completed PokerHands.
What I Can Do Better
- Have my resume ready at all times, no matter how secure I feel on a particular team.
- FINISH POKER HANDS ALREADY (oh, look, a squirrel with a scholarship opportunity…) No, really — I will push the code in February.
- When faced with an opportunity, I will jump in with both feet. For a lot of ventures (even the successful ones), I’ve hemmed and hawed, feeling uncertain if I was even good enough to consider it. I need to accept that no, I won’t get everything I go after. But I won’t get anything that I don’t actually try for.